August LPL News
LPL Celebrates Thirty-Six Years August 2nd, 2018 marks thirty-six years of childcare for Little Peoples Landing. We are so thankful for all of the families and employees who have been part of the LPL family over all of these years. We are appreciative to all of our families for letting us be a part of their children’s lives and to all of our past and present employees for their dedication to the children in their care. A lot has changed over the course of thirty years, but our commitment to keeping kids safe, building an educational foundation and making it all fun has always been our number one goal!
Fun facts about LPL:
• Family owned and operated from the start
• One 36 year employee
• Five 18-28 Year employees
• Five 13-17 Year employees
• Sixteen 5-10 Year employees
• Over 1000 children attending our 8 schools
• We have 53 families that have been with us 5-10 years and 3 families over ten years 3 parents attended LPL as children
• 4 staff members attended LPL as children
• LPL was the first center to offer infant care and was commended by the State of Colorado as a model for the care of infants
• We were the first childcare center to offer a Parent’s Night Out service • We are the only childcare center to offer a New Years Sleepover for kids so parents can enjoy a worry free New Years night
• First to offer in school hair cutting service
• Only school to offer children the opportunity to camp out, to fish, and to watch and launch rockets
• First to provide cell phones on buses and coffee for parents
• Started using solar energy with the first school 36 years ago and buildings built by LPL have in floor radiant heat.
• Started daily field trips for summer camp and one of the only companies still willing to do daily field trips
• Jessie Lantz (Director of our Littleton center) attended LPL from age 1-12 years old. She returned just after her 16th birthday and has been working here since. Jessie just celebrated 17 years of employment with Little People’s Landing.
Read our full newsletter here.